[Grml] Re: network not on when boot up Grml 0.8

T mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 2 19:25:10 CEST 2006

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 11:55:14 +0200, Michael Prokop wrote:

>> I had the problem before in Grml 0.7, and now in Grml 0.8 -- my network
>> not on when booting up Live CD.
>
>>   /etc/init.d/networking start
>
>> works only for lo, not eth0.
>
>>   ifconfig -a
>
>> shows only the 'lo' device.
>
>> Any one having the same issue?
>
> Which network card(s) do you have? 'hwinfo --netcard' What's inside your
> /etc/network/interfaces?

Hi, mika

I now think it is the grml 0.8 configuration issue, because I've just
tried to boot via vmware. Same problem. You can try yourself now,
basically it is still:

grml boot info says found eth0, starting dhcp in backgroud, but still no
network.

  ifconfig -a

was able to show the eth0, but no inet address. Again,

   /etc/init.d/networking start

works only for lo, not eth0.

no eth0 info in /etc/network/interfaces.

HTH

tong