[Grml] Re: Failure mode testing (network)

Mark 27e3kk302 at sneakemail.com
Thu Oct 26 23:22:26 CEST 2006

> Suggestion: test grml in this 'failure' mode and adjust the
> retry/timeout factors.

Power down, unplug your network cable from the PC, reboot.  Work for ~15
minutes and you'll get the behavior I discussed.  Maybe not exactly, but
the point remains, this failure mode should be part of normal grml dev
tests.  Exact messages are unimportant.  The question is tuning
retry/timeout factors for various daemons in stock grml distributions.
I am not asking for help to fix a grml setup, just asking that you
include network failure tests in your dev work.

Thanks