[Grml] Re: ndiswrapper in grml-small?

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Mon Oct 16 20:27:59 CEST 2006

* Celejar <celejar at gmail.com> [20061016 20:13]:
> On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 18:33:31 +0200
> Ulrich Dangel <grml at spamt.net> wrote:

> > * Ulrich Dangel wrote [13.10.06 18:28]:

> > Oh, btw. i forgot to mention, you can also just put youre deb files
> > under /cdrom/debs/ and use the debs boot para...

> I'm still not sure exactly how to go about doing this. I picked up
> 'ndiswrapper-modules' from 'grml.org/repos', and it depends on
> 'ndiswrapper-utils-1.8', which I don't see in the repo. The current
> (unstable) ndis-utils is 1.23-1.1, which depends on
> libc6 (>= 2.3.6-6), and it seems that libc6 in grml is 2.3.5. Do I have
> to dig through snapshot.debian.org to find an ndis-utils that has a
> lower libc6 dependency, or am I doing something wrong?

The official, last stable release of grml-small is a little bit
outdated in the meanwhile, so you are running into dependency hell -
right.

Either use grml 0.8 which provides all you need or use a
develrelease of grml-small. Develreleases provide up2date packages.
Join #grml on IRC to get access to the current, unofficial
grml-small ISO (or join http://grml.org/beta-tester/ if you are
interested in continuous access to develreleases).

JFYI: I'm planning to publish grml-small 0.3 at the same time when
grml 0.9 is available.

You like grml?  Help us!      http://grml.org/donations/
Already on the grml-user-map? http://www.frappr.com/grmlusers
The Grml Planet               http://planet.grml.org/