[Grml] Re: Re: Normal user not permitted for pci scan

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Fri Oct 13 10:46:01 CEST 2006

* T <mlist4suntong at yahoo.com> [20061013 03:15]:
> On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 16:59:02 -0400, T wrote:

> > Could you compile a kernel that have the dhahelper module, since the issue
> > affect both mplayer and xine, please?

dhahelper isn't part of linux kernel.

> or maybe pack a kernel-dhahelper package?

I can find sources for a module named dhahelper only in sources of
mplayer (mplayer-1.0-pre8cvs20061002/libdha/kernelhelper). But as I
don't use it myself, it does not seem to compile out-of-the-box and
my time is limited I'm not really interested in working on another
package. Of course, if someone wants to contribute a package feel
free to submit it.

You like grml?  Help us!      http://grml.org/donations/
Already on the grml-user-map? http://www.frappr.com/grmlusers
The Grml Planet               http://planet.grml.org/