[OT] Re: [Grml] Re: Debian multimedia mirrors testing

s. keeling keeling at spots.ab.ca
Wed Oct 4 05:40:36 CEST 2006

Incoming from Mark:
> keeling at spots.ab.ca:
> > Incoming from Mark:
> > > Is anyone having good luck with these mirrors?  They seem broken.  Let
> > > me know if one is working for you and I will try it here.
> > >
> > > http://www.debian-multimedia.org/mirrors-testing.html
> >
> > aptitude update && aptitude upgrade
> > Get:5 http://www.debian-multimedia.org sarge/main Packages [35.6kB]
> > Hit http://www.debian-multimedia.org sarge/main Release
> >
> > Appears to work here.  Dunno about testing and Sid though.
>
> Thank you for doing a test.  The site maintainer encourages mirrors,

No problem.

> Ubuntu repos are trouble, too.  One user needed proprietary formats set
> up (Real, WMF, etc) and although Ubuntu offers instructions, they are

Ewwww.  I am not impressed with *buntu so far.  Booting Ubuntu on my
laptop left me with Danish!?!  Xubuntu clobbered my existing Grub
without asking.

Give me Stable anyday.  Or Grml.  :-)  Still looking for time to try
out the latest, drat.

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling      Please don't Cc: me.
- -