[Grml] Not all packages on CD are in repository?

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Sun Nov 12 09:30:40 CET 2006

* T <mlist4suntong at yahoo.com> [20061112 06:15]:

> while examine the outout from apt-show-versions, I feel that not all
> packages on CD are in repository (grml.org or debian). Is that so?

> Just list only a few of my findings...

>  pcopy 1.5-4 newer than version in archive

ftp://ftp.uni-sofia.bg/debian-addons-bg

>  libdbus-1-2 0.62-4 installed: No available version in archive

libdbus-1-3 is the current version

>  kwtools-sys-lvm 0.5.0-5 installed: No available version in archive

ftp://server.mamemu.de/pub/kwtools/Debian/unstable/

http://ftp.de.debian.org experimental/main Packages

>  kwtools-bin 0.5.0-5 installed: No available version in archive

ftp://server.mamemu.de/pub/kwtools/Debian/unstable/

>  libdirectfb-0.9-24 0.9.24-4 installed: No available version in archive

libdirectfb-0.9-25 is the current version

http://www.knizefamily.net/russ/software/debian/

>  libsvn0 1.3.2-5+b1 newer than version in archive

libsvn1 is the current version.

All of the above URLs have been taken from
/etc/apt/sources.list.grml which is the file behind
/etc/apt/sources.list by default.

The repositories are *not* activated by default (for good reasons),
if you want to activate all the relevant stuff just run something
like ':%s/^#1#//' in vim.

You like grml?  Help us!      http://grml.org/donations/
Already on the grml-user-map? http://www.frappr.com/grmlusers
The Grml Planet               http://planet.grml.org/