[Grml] Grml/Grml-small sort of progress report.

s. keeling keeling at spots.ab.ca
Thu Nov 2 22:56:27 CET 2006

A while back, I got the latest grml, burned it, and have now finally
returned to it.  Contrary to the last (0.7) version, this one actually
sees a valid partition on my second hard drive, /dev/hdc.  Grml
proceeds to install and continues 'til it's killed.  My disk is only 2
Gb, and Grml wants 2.7 Gb.

So, I download grml-small, boot into it, and grml2hd[*] reports:

 -----------------------------------
   Error: partition=/dev/hdc1 does not seem to be an existing
   partition.

   Please use a program like cfdisk to create partition
   partition=/dev/hdc1 and restart grml2hd.

Both fdisk and cfdisk show the partition, and full Grml took it and
ran with the install.  So, what's grml-small's problem?

Disk is a Seagate ST32122A

[*] grml2hd partition=/dev/hdc1 mbr=/dev/hdc filesystem=ext2 \
       user=keeling root=/dev/hdc1

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling      Please don't Cc: me.
- -