[Grml] Is accessing striped "dynamic disks" from GRML possible?

Michael Schierl schierlm-public at gmx.de
Wed Nov 1 18:14:32 CET 2006

Hi,

I wanted to rescue some files from a broken Win2000 install with grml.
The data to rescue were stored on a striped partition on a dynamic disk
(Windows' equivalent to a software raid0).

However, I did not manage it to reassemble or mount this partition. it
appeared as two separate partitions (one on each drive). Google
suggested to run ldminfo, but that tool is not there, and I could not
find it :(

I eventually managed to rescue the files by booting from a BartPE disk
and using the commandline "diskpart" tool to reassemble the RAID and
assign a drive letter to it.

Does anyone know a way to access these files from grml? Or is it
impossible to do this from Linux and I have to include a BartPE disk in
my rescue disk set as well?

TIA,

Michael