[Grml] PCMCIA Network card not recognized

John Magolske listmail at b79.net
Fri May 26 08:20:08 CEST 2006

>Seems that your network card is not configured. How do you connect to your
>provider's modem? ethernet?
>If it's ethernet you need to configure eth0 as well.
>
>greets Jimmy

Thanks, running grml-network "NIC" "Configure your Wired and Wireless Lan"
"DHCP broadcast" got the pcmcia ethernet card working.

I'd tried this earlier, but I think my problems were related to there
being multiple
instances of "auto eth0" & "iface eth0 inet manual" in /etc/network/interfaces,
possibly from previously running "Set up an internet connection" over & over...
Editing the dupes out and running the "NIC" script set things right:

auto eth0

     iface eth0 inet dhcp

Regards,

John