[Grml] headers and modules melange

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Sat May 13 17:28:56 CEST 2006

* my <yazdzik at nyct.net> [20060513 17:24]:

> Need to recompile to test ati driver.

> I know this is somehow my fault, but do not know how or why:

[...]
> /usr/include/bits/local_lim.h:36:26: error: linux/limits.h: No such file
> or directory
[...]

Seems like you hit the "/usr/include/linux does not link to
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/" bug mentioned at
http://wiki.grml.org/doku.php?id=grml_0.7

As written there this should fix your problem:

cd /usr/include/
mv linux/ivtv.h /usr/src/linux/include/linux/
rm -rf linux
ln -s /usr/src/linux/include/linux linux

You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

You can tune a filesystem, but you can't tuna fish.
		-- from the tunefs(8) man page