[Grml] PCMCIA Network card not recognized

John Magolske listmail at b79.net
Thu May 11 09:17:26 CEST 2006

Hi,

I've installed grml-small 0.2 on a laptop with grml2hd, and am trying
to get the network card working, a Belkin F5D5020. I've confirmed the
card is functional by using it on another system. As per its instructions,
I've added the following lines to /etc/pcmcia/config :

card "Belkin-5020"
   version "Belkin" , "F5D5020-PCMCIA-Network-Card"
   bind "pcnet_cs"

Running grml-network gets "no supported network cards found."

On Booting up I see:

sit0: unknown hardware address type 776
eth0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
sit0: unknown hardware address type 776
Bind socket to interface: No such device
exiting.
Failed to bring up eth0.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

John

----

PCMCIA/CardBus/CF-Card Linux Survey: Belkin F5d5020
http://tuxmobil.org/pcmcia_ci10403.html