[Grml] Bugreport grml 0.6, wlan-ng

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Mon Mar 20 18:49:24 CET 2006

* Steffen Liebergeld <stepardo at gmail.com> [20060320 17:54]:

> die module aus dem Paket linux-wlan-ng-2.6.15-grml lassen sich nicht
> laden. Der betreffende Ausschnitt aus "dmesg | tail" befindet sich im
> Anhang dieser E-Mail. Der eingesetzte Kernel ist der Standardkernel,
> mit der Bootoption acpi=off.

Yes, just verified it. Thanks for reporting, Steffen!

Updated and fixed drivers are available through the grml-repository.
Run:

  apt-get update ; apt-get install linux-wlan-ng-modules-2.6.15-grml

to update them on-the-fly if you have network access. Otherwise
store the .deb on an external medium and install them manually.

I've added a note in the grml-wiki on the grml 0.6 page as well:
  http://wiki.grml.org/doku.php?id=grml_0.6

JFYI: Updated ISOs which fix this issue are available for
beta-testers (<URL:http://grml.org/beta-tester/>).

regards,
-mika- - working on new develrelease with 2.6.16-grml