[Grml] grml or debian?

Frank eggsperde at gmx.net
Tue Jul 25 11:03:43 CEST 2006

Hi!
>> So which software repository is actually used? I have a stock debian and
>> added the GRML repo, to have a look what´s in there. I found 29 packages
>> and wondering now, which part of debian you are using. Is this just
>> added to make the "pure" debian unstable a bit more convenient and
>> userfriendly?
>>
>>> It's not perfect; nothing is.  It's more perfect than stock Debian
>>> Sid, and way more up to date than Debian Stable.
>>>

>> Is it possible to set up grml with "testing"? Thats what i have right
>> now, but i dont like the debian installer, and i dont want to download
>> all the KDE-libs when choosing "desktop-install" and so on (when doin a
>> new install on another machine). You know the hassles of the Installer :-)
>>
> You can use grml with all debian flavors.
> But sid is mostly used.
> Its just a "special" sid installation with some extra packages and extra
> intelligence.

But this means, that there should be some packages that need to be
downgraded, or am i wrong? You put packages from Sid on the CD and
modify your sources list to "testing", right? And there are no problems?
Really? :-)

Debian upgrading is great and I love the APT-System - but downgrading
(like e.g. with BSD´s Ports-system) isnt that cool. But ok, you are the
ones who know. I think i will give it a try next time I have to set up a
Debian machine.

Greetings,
Frank