[Grml] Strange default xterm setting

T mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 17 01:17:23 CEST 2006

Hi

I have the following menu entries in my fluxbox menu:

[exec] (Top) {xterm -e top}
[exec] (Run) {fbrun}

What's strange is that when I choose the "Top" menu entry, the content of
top will build up in xterm -- new content shows up below the old one,
instead of overwriting them. The same things happens when I tried to "Run"
the "xterm -e top" (with the "Run" menu entry)

If I launch an xterm, weather via command line or the "Run" menu entry,
and issue the top command there, the display is normal -- new content
overwriting the old one.

I think the reason might be because of the default grml xterm setting,
which is resetted by my .profile once the xterm is launched normally.

Please comment.

thanks