[Grml] grml-small and X

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Thu Jul 6 00:13:16 CEST 2006

* T <mlist4suntong at yahoo.com> [20060705 23:56]:

> Any likelihood of including X in grml-small?

> I understand that grml-small is meant for a business card CD-ROM, but the
> reality is that I never see anyone has that, but most people have
> pen-drives.

> Would it be possible for grml-small to go near 100M and include X?

Currently no. But of course you could maintain such a version
on your own. ;)

grml-small is usually used as a rescue system, often on 64 MB usb
drives. For this purpose there's no reason for X.

A solution would be a "grml-usb" version which is on our wishlist
since ages. But currently I'm lacking time to maintain another
flavour of grml. Let's see how things improve and scale when
grml-amd64 is coming closer...  (still lacking the hardware on my
own). And I personally dont' see X on grml-usb but a grml-small
version with much more important (console) tools. :)

You like grml?  Help us!      http://grml.org/donations/
Already on the grml-user-map? http://www.frappr.com/grmlusers
Grml Solutions                http://solutions.grml.org/