[Grml] Re: Grml philosophy

s. keeling keeling at spots.ab.ca
Sun Jul 2 19:59:30 CEST 2006

Incoming from T:
> On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 13:51:39 -0400, T wrote:
>
> > The official Debian unstable repository has moved along, while grml's own
>
> If I removed a package by mistake, how can I install the original one?
>
> For example, I removed the psad by mistake, when I re-install it, I get:
>
> grave bugs of psad ( -> 1.4.6-1) <done>
>  #357253 - psad: kmsgsd segfaults
> Are you sure you want to install/upgrade the above packages? [Y/n/?/...]  n

That's apt-listbugs telling you there's been a grave bug filed against
the package.  So, based on that information, what do you want to do?
If you've never seen it segfault, or if that doesn't worry you too
much, go ahead and say "y".  What have you got to lose?  It might work
alright or it might segfault.  Woohoo.

On the other hand, if the bug mentions "remote root exploit", you
might want to reconsider just how much you want it.

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling      Please don't Cc: me.
- -