[Grml] Assistance with accessibily backing up my grml installation.

Keith Hinton keithint38 at CommSpeed.net
Sun Dec 31 01:38:58 CET 2006

Hi,
I need some assistance from anyone who can provide it.
I wish to tar, my entire root file system, and make the tar file create on another box via ssh.
I am booted into the Live-disk, ATM.
Any suggestions?
If you have any, let me know.
My idea was: to mount the root file system under something like:
/mnt/grmlSystem.
Then:
tar czpf - /mnt/grmlSystem | ssh box at remotebox cat > Grml.tar.gz
Would this work?
If I have made an syntax error, please correct it, or something.
I don ot wish, nor will I use slash exclude, as grml itself won't be running physically on the drive in question.
Regards,

-Keith
website:
www.KeithNet.DynDNS.org, proudly supplying a grml.org link!