[Grml] Re: Re: About /mnt/grml

T mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 27 17:05:14 CET 2006

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 16:10:01 +0100, Michael Prokop wrote:

> What do you want to backup? root-partition of live-cd?!
> On hd-installation unionfs isn't enabled by default so you don't
> have to care about it.

hmm, interesting. yep, I want to backup my root-partition, which is
/dev/sda5. But looking at the mount/df output, I didn't see /dev/sda5
mounted as other normal partitions:

  $ mount
  rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
  /dev/root on / type ext3 (rw,noatime,data=ordered)

So I thought it is because of unionfs.

Mika, could you explain me a little bit about it? E.g.,

- how root-partition is not mounted
- why root-partition is not mounted as other normal partitions
- why there are two filesystems mounted at /
- etc.

thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)