[Grml] What is the best-file system for grml, and suspend/resuming?

Jan-Pieter Jacobs janpieter.jacobs at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 18:07:03 CET 2006

I use hibernation my self.
My root partition has an ext3 filesystem on it, but i think your
problem lies elsewhere.
Hibernation dumps the ram onto a swapdisk.
So that should work out of the box, provided your swapdisk is at least
as big as your ram.
Now you also have to tell grub to resume the file. I use lilo, there
the trick is to add resume to the append line. I guess it's something
similar with grub. If you don't do this, the
swapdisk will not be reused as swap, and thus you can't hibernate the
next time.

greetz,

Jan-Pieter Jacobs
--