[Grml] A question about GRML2hd, how many options can it accept at once?

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Thu Dec 21 16:47:52 CET 2006

* keithint38 at commspeed.net <keithint38 at commspeed.net> [20061221 16:40]:

> How many options is grml2hd capable of handeling at one time, Mika? I.e.
> Suppose I wish to disable the remove-packages-server script from running,
> and at the exact same time tell it to run the isntaller and install in
> automatic mode.
> So: Suppose I've set the boot_partition in /etc/grml2hd/config as
> /dev/hda, and the main root as /dev/hda2. Now:
> If I wanted to: Could I just type the following into grml2hd?
> NOSWREMOVAL=1 GRML2HD_NONINTERACTIVE=1 into the prompt and hit return and
> have it work?
> Or, does GRML2hd not accept that type of command structure.

As it's just an environment variable you can combine them as you
like.

But /usr/sbin/remove-packages-server isn't executed in
non-interactive mode at all, so don't care about it.

You can furthermore tune grml2hd through /etc/grml2hd/customization
- this way you can define what should be executed and what not.

> I have read the manual page from http://www.GRML.org/GRML2hd plentty of
> times, and do know the commands. I'm asking more about if grml2hd can
> accept multiple options at once before running it. Take a look at my
> example, and just let me know if that would work. What I am attempting to
> do, is have an automatic installation of GRML Linux, and still have all
> packages, all without one being removed. I have plentty of space on my
> disk to hold all of them, without a problem--it's 300 GB or so. That's
> plentty of space for what I would like to do.

It's not harddisk space but as documented in the dialog of
remove-packages-server: