[Grml] primitive lilo question

Martin Yazdzik yazdzik at nyct.net
Mon Dec 18 01:20:42 CET 2006

Dear Friends at grml,

google lilo information tends to be rather out of date, to say the least
-

since grml 0.9 works, well, just works, I need to make what was my
experimental partition my main OS.

/dev/sda1 = windows
/dev/sda2 = swap
/dev/sda3 = old grml
/dev/sda4 = new grml

currently, the laptop boots from the old grml, that is lilo is installed
to the mbr, but goes to the root at old grml and uses the "other OS" to
boot into the new grml.

I wish to have the mbr point to the new grml,  in other words, use the
sda3 partition for either data, or one of my experiments.

So, how  can I re-isntall lilo to the mbr from the new grml without
making a mess?

Will lilo -v -v just work?

And, yes, I apologise and know that this is not the right place for this
question.

Best,