[Grml] hints about grml 0.9 on HD and ipw3945

Ulrich Dangel schula at grml.org
Thu Dec 14 15:59:29 CET 2006

* Michael Prokop wrote [14.12.06 15:19]:
Hi,
> Notice a problem with /etc/resolv.conf? I couldn't debug it in
> detail due to lack of time but the problem definitely goes away if
> you do not use the package resolvconf, so just run:
>
> # apt-get --purge remove resolvconf

Hm, no, please :)

Just issue the command
,----
| resolvconf -d $INTERFACE
`----

The problem is when you use dhclient or something like that which
modifies resolv.conf with resolvconf it generates an entry in
/etc/resolvconf/run/interfaces/$INTERFACE but ifup/ifdown generates an
entry named $INTERFACE.inet $INTERFACE.dhcp so $INTERFACE will never be
overwritten.

A solution is to have an entry in /etc/network/interfaces

,----[ /etc/network/interfaces ]
| iface dhcp inet dhcp
`----

and use ifup $INTERFACE=dhcp

> regards,
> -mika-

Uli
--
WARNING: RAID-6 is currently highly experimental. If you use it, there is
no guarantee whatsoever that it won't destroy your data, eat your disk drives,