[Grml] Re: boring

Mark 27e3kk302 at sneakemail.com
Fri Dec 8 02:29:01 CET 2006

> Realtime designs makes the hole system _slower_, NOT faster. They only
> guarantee that the execution time does not grow over a previous
> defined boundary (soft/hard- realtime e.g.).
>
> michael

OK, er, I do embedded work, and know what RT means.  I only suggested an
obvious kernel change as one idea.

The general claim that RT makes systems slower is hogwash.  A good RT
system will distribute CPU cycles optimally with or without RT
constraints.  Anyway the person asking has a faster system now.  Sure
that could result from someplace else, who knows.

I'm not keen to pursue a discussion of RT on grml-list.  Try QNX if you
want to see very mature PC desktop RT in action...

Mark