[Grml] Re: Re: [OT] udev and number of devices

T mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 4 21:42:09 CET 2006

On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 11:31:15 +0100, Michael Prokop wrote:

>> > My HD used to have 15 partitions, now I created another one, the 16th, but
>> > it is not recognized by udev [...]
>
>> Further, my Win2k accesses the sda16 without any problem.
>
> Such a limit does not exist for udev:
>
> root at grml ~ # ls -la /dev/hda*

Thanks for the respond mika. glad to know that. The difference is mine is
sda and yours is hda.

I think the answer I get from gmane.linux.debian.user by Greg Folkert is
right, my SATA is recognized as SCSI device, which limits to 15 partitions
by SCSI Standard.

However, both responds from gmane.linux.debian.user implied that the sda16
should be recognized as sdb (under both linux & windows). any idea?

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/