[Grml] grml-tips sarge

Erich Minderlein erminderlein at locoware.de
Sat Dec 2 22:21:21 CET 2006

Hallo

I am very confused again :
I have followed the grml-tips sarge to a 100 %,
but at the step base-config I type in
at "configure apt sources"
ftp.de.debian.org
and then a download of testing "packages.gz" follows.
But it should only download stable "packages.gz".
also that I put my preferences and apt.conf in the /etc/apt/
stating that only stable or sarge is preference.
I eliminated the testing and unstable sources from sources.list
and preferences.

when I key in /debian stable it asks for stable/testing which of course
does not exist.

Something in the base-config secretly adds "testing" to every user
input.
How come ????
The system is very stiff in first downloading libc6 from testing and
then the whole sarge setup is fUcKeD uP.(the only right word. )
( that breaks about 100 packages from the bases and consequently the
system is unable to downgrade again. )
I have done that now about 6 times and the result does not change.

best regards.

--
Erich Minderlein <erminderlein at locoware.de>
MARC Mannheim Rail Commerce GmbH