[Grml] grml0.8 grml2hd test report

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Sun Aug 27 14:04:57 CEST 2006

* Michael Prokop <mika at grml.org> [20060827 12:03]:
> * T <mlist4suntong at yahoo.com> [20060827 03:15]:

> > I just tried grml2hd from grml0.8 with:
> >  grml2hd partion=/dev/sda4 mbr=/dev/sda4 filesystem=ext3 user=tong

[...]
> > - grml2hd said partion /dev/sda4 can't be found. Manually choose the sda4
> > from the provided menu entry works fine.

> I assume you did provide "partition" and not "partion" as
> bootoption, right? What's inside /etc/grml2hd/config on your system
> when booting with "grml2hd ..."?

This works here as expected, just checked it again. But I think I
found the reason for your problem.¹

> > - "user=" parameter didn't work. grml2hd still prompts 'grml' as the
> > default user. The mbr & filesystem parameter seem to be working fine.

> Huh, strange. Ok, I'll check that. Thanks.

No, definitely works too.¹

¹ I think you are using grml2hd wrong. "grml2hd partion=/dev/sda4
mbr=/dev/sda4 filesystem=ext3 user=tong" is what you would have to
use at the boot prompt for automatic installation (if you really
know what you are doing, please read the docs) and not at the shell
command line. Please read the documentation, to manually install
grml via grml2hd just invoke grml2hd without any further options.

You like grml?  Help us!      http://grml.org/donations/
Already on the grml-user-map? http://www.frappr.com/grmlusers
Grml Solutions                http://solutions.grml.org/