[Grml] grml0.8 grml2hd test report

T mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 26 20:17:02 CEST 2006

Hi

I just tried grml2hd from grml0.8 with:

 grml2hd partion=/dev/sda4 mbr=/dev/sda4 filesystem=ext3 user=tong

- grml2hd said partion /dev/sda4 can't be found. Manually choose the sda4
from the provided menu entry works fine.

- "user=" parameter didn't work. grml2hd still prompts 'grml' as the
default user. The mbr & filesystem parameter seem to be working fine.

- Since I don't have network access (due to no eth0), I run grml2hd as-is,
ie, without using the latest version. But it failed to create initrd,
because it can't find the grml kernel module file, IIRC.

- Installing lilo failed subsequently, because it can't find the initrd.