[Grml] Congrats on 0.8, enjoy a restful vacation

Mark 27e3kk302 at sneakemail.com
Tue Aug 15 00:55:30 CEST 2006

Mika, please enjoy a well-deserved restful summer holiday, you and the
whole grml team.

Your responsiveness and help to users and beta testers is the best.  The
team really pays attention to user requests and interests.

Other Linux distributions should be using grml as a foundation.

   "For the record, in case anyone googles this, the install from zero
   to full flash, java, 3d accel, network, and all codecs working in
   browsers, is, on my 2.16g pentium m, is only twenty-seven minutes
   (not including the dreadful kde install, which takes of course, at
   least half an hour)."
   http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.distributions.grml.user/41

Grml quality is so high that it puts its own version number to shame.
It should be "8.0" instead of "0.8."  That would give a better idea of
the quality level.  Grml is an up-to-date, capable, flexible, and
rock-solid distribution.  All the stability of Debian with up-to-date
packages and regular release cycles.  And very easy to install thanks to
the scripts.  I don't even feel like a sysadmin when I use grml!

   Mark