[Grml] Re: Re: disable ipv6(OT)

Martin Yazdzik yazdzik at nyct.net
Mon Aug 14 17:14:26 CEST 2006

Dear M and friends,

Just a note from the noob lurkers - way OT -

this sutff, which we do not even know how to ask helps us all a lot, and one
of the best reasons for using grml is the fact that the mailing list is so
informative and courteous.

I, too, after blacklisting the ipv6 module get the same error iwth rmmod, but,
for a laptop user, ever time I reconnect to a different network, and so on,
just the blacklisting makes things go much faster.  Of course, I do not know
why....

We always used "KDE_NO_IPV6=true" as a konqueror modification, because
otherwise it is unbearabl7 langsam, but ifup just blazes by after the
blacklisting of the ipv6 module.

Thanks to tong for all the questions, and to mika and team  for the answers.

When I get back to the real world, I'll do a complete install of 8.

A grateful martin greets you from the boondocks of the US and Canada.

--
"...children and young people feel instinctively the difference between those
who genuinely wish them well and those who regard them