[Grml] Re: bitmap fonts

T mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 12 19:01:25 CEST 2006

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 11:13:17 +0200, Michael Prokop wrote:

> * T <mlist4suntong at yahoo.com> [20060811 06:15]:
>
>> I read somewhere that DSL (Dam Small Linux) is removing the bitmap fonts
>> entirely from the system.
>
>> Since so many high quality TrueType fonts are available, it is a waste
>> of space to still have bitmap fonts. Is this on the todo list of grml as
>> well?
>
> Which bitmap fonts do you find on grml?

Here is a not-complete list of bitmap fonts used in grml 0.8 release
candidate 1 (I think they are bitmap fonts):

xfonts-100dpi - 100 dpi fonts for X
xfonts-100dpi-transcoded - 100 dpi fonts for X (transcoded from ISO 10646-1)
xfonts-75dpi - 100 dpi fonts for X
xfonts-75dpi-transcoded - 75 dpi fonts for X (transcoded from ISO 10646-1)

I think there are 2 or 3 more but I can't remember.