[Grml] ATI proprietary driver fglrx and Xvideo support

T mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 10 23:13:30 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm using the fglrx driver for my ATI card. Does it has Xvideo support?

When I tried with

  mplayer -vo xv moviefile

I get:

-----------------------
It seems there is no Xvideo support for your video card available.
Run 'xvinfo' to verify its Xv support and read DOCS/HTML/en/video.html#xv!
See 'mplayer -vo help' for other (non-xv) video out drivers.

Please help

thanks

PS.

- I used to use "mplayer -vo xv" in Sarge, the video driver was ati before.

- here is my fglrx related packges (I know the latest should be v8.27.10):

ii fglrx-control_8.23.7-1
ii fglrx-driver_8.25.18-1
ii fglrx-kernel-2.6.16-grml_8.25.18-1+grml.05