[Grml] grml on a pendrive

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Fri Aug 4 14:38:11 CEST 2006

* Kevin Jones <kevin at kevinrj.net> [20060804 14:08]:

>  I and a friend are trying to use the grml harddrive install to put it on a 4gb
>  pendrive. Seem to have problems though, almost seems like scsi errors, I
>  couldn't see the screen and we didn't run grml with voice so i'd have to try
>  again to get error messoges; but basically just treated the pendrive like a
>  harddrive. Has anyone gotten this to work?

I have to test the usb- and firewire-installation via grml2hd on my
own. (It's still on my todo-list, also see the testing webpage:
http://wiki.grml.org/doku.php?id=testing).

This time I didn't fix initramfs and was told that initramfs should
be able to handle the combination lilo and external usb/firewire on
its own. If that's still broken, it might be the error you get.
Of course, if you have any logs/error messages please feel free to
send them in my direction. :)

Please use grml2usb for the external usb-drive in the meantime, this
should work anyway (because neither initramfs nor lilo is used). Of
course this is not a hd-installation but might work for you in the
meantime.

I'll test grml2hd-on-usb on my own in the next few days and I'm sure
it will work with the final grml 0.8 release. :)