[Grml] Boot hangs at "Looking for CD-ROM"

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Sun Apr 30 19:21:58 CEST 2006

* John Magolske <listmail at b79.net> [20060430 19:15]:
>  * Michael Prokop <mika at grml.org> :

> > Can you please try to boot with 'grml nodma ide=nodma'? This should
> > disable DMA globally for the IDE subsystem.

>  Yes! this solves the problem.

Fine :)

>  I'd tried 'grml nodma' earlier, the additional 'ide=nodma' does
>  the trick. Thanks for the solution -- and the great distro, just
>  what I've been looking for.

JFTR: 'nodma' is for userspace only, grml won't enable DMA then on
its own. 'ide=nodma' on the other side is a kernel parameter telling
the kernel not to enable DMA on the IDE-bus.

I'll improve documentation so it is easier to find.

You like grml?  Help us!      http://grml.org/donations/
Already on the grml-user-map? http://www.frappr.com/grmlusers
Grml Solutions                http://solutions.grml.org/