[Grml] live+CD and static IP again??

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Tue May 24 21:58:36 CEST 2005

* Ishwar Rattan <ishwar at pali.cps.cmich.edu> [20050524 16:10]:
> On Mon, 23 May 2005, Michael Prokop wrote:
> > * Ishwar Rattan <ishwar at pali.cps.cmich.edu> [20050523 22:14]:

[...]

> > What kind of network card + driver are you using?

> Intel Pro/100, driver is e100 (via lsmod)

Ok.

> > Does 'rmmod ipv6' help?

> ipv6 is not loaded

Are you really sure? Because:

> > What's the output of 'ip addr show'?

> for eth0 last two line:
> inet 169.254.123.93/16 scope link eth0
> inet 141.209.169/84/24 brd 141.209.169.255 scope global eth0
>   (the last line is corrct but is not shown by ifconfig eth0)

.. that's what I suspected. ifconfig isn't that trustable as ip. ;(
And the behaviour seems to result from a bug either in the
TCP/IP-stack with the sit0-device (IPv6-in-IPv4) or at ifconfig
itself. So make sure ipv6 isn't present [sudo rmmod -f ipv6].

(We will take a closer look at the problem anyway and maybe just
deactivate the ipv6-module per default.)

> I also see problems with CUPS system (for adding a local printer)
> # /etc/init.d/cupsys start
> starts the daemon

> I can connect to this server using URL: http://localhost:631/
> as soon as add a printer is chosen, the server dies!

Hm, interesting. Does "only" CUPS die or the whole grml-system? Have
you set a password for user root before activating CUPS? Did you
ever see the user+password dialog when selecting "Add printer"?

Thanks for reporting && regards,
 ,'"`.         Linux for texttool-users and sysadmins
(  grml.org -» http://grml.supersized.org/ - grml development blog
 `._,'         join #grml on irc.freenode.org     http://grml.org/