[Grml] A query..

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Wed May 18 20:55:15 CEST 2005

* Ishwar Rattan <ishwar at pali.cps.cmich.edu> [20050518 19:36]:

> Just tried grml-0.4, great looking work!
> Is there a way to get larger fonts in terminal
> window(s)? I am on the side of +55 eyesight..

Do you mean the "real" console or really a terminal window? Works
for both. :)

On the console just choose another resolution of framebuffer. Either
while booting at the bootprompt (nofb, fb....) or via fbset later
on.

When using e.g. xterm just press control and right mousebutton and
choose a bigger font in the menu. And of course you can specify a
certain font (type) on your own via Xresources, I predefined some
useful values. E.g. run:

% xterm -name blind

For more details take a look at ~/.Xresources of user grml (which
derives from /etc/skel/.Xresources).

 ,'"`.         Linux for texttool-users and sysadmins
(  grml.org -» http://grml.supersized.org/ - grml development blog
 `._,'         join #grml on irc.freenode.org     http://grml.org/