[Grml] why pump?

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Sat Dec 17 14:32:59 CET 2005

* Marc Haber <mh+grml at zugschlus.de> [20051216 21:15]:

> why is pump still being used as dhcp client in grml? I find
> dhcp3-client generally more flexible, more verbose in its debug
> output, and easier to configure. Is this only like "we have always
> used pump", or are these space issues?

> Any hints will be appreciated.

I tried to switch from pump to dhclient in grml-autoconfig several
times, pump was always faster with retrieving an ip address. On a
running system this does not matter at all, but it does when booting
the system (because some cheatcodes depend on a working network
setup).

You like grml?  Help us!      http://grml.org/donations/
Already on the grml-user-map? http://www.frappr.com/grmlusers
grml-solutions                http://solutions.grml.org/