[Grml] grml 0.5 won't boot (Samsung X20)

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Sat Dec 3 12:50:50 CET 2005

* Christian Schneider <strcat at gmx.net> [20051203 12:47]:

> since 0.5 i can't boot GRML on my holy Samsung X20 (GRML 0.4 works
> fine). I've try all kinds of bootoptions (services=samsung_x20,
> failsafe, noacpi, nolacpi, nofirewire, ..) but after
>  | Accessing ghrml CD-ROM at: /dev/hdb [ OK ]
> it hangs up. It only happens on my Laptop; the same CD boot (and works)
> without any problems on my other workstation. Any hints?

Very strange, indeed. Especially because I've a Samsung X20 too and
it works fine for me. ;-)

Are there any external devices (usb-stick, usb-harddisk,...) present
when you are booting grml?

You like grml?  Help us!      http://grml.org/donations/
Already on the grml-user-map? http://www.frappr.com/grmlusers
grml-solutions                http://solutions.grml.org/