[Grml] mplayer in grml

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Thu Sep 23 22:07:06 CEST 2004

* Nico Golde <nico at ngolde.de> [20040923 14:15]:
> * Michael Prokop <mika at grml.org> [2004-09-23 13:34]:

> > > why is mplayer going to be installed on grml?
> > > i know this is a great program, but you know that it isnt debian
> > > compliant because of its license?

> > Call it a bug. ;-)

> i am not shure what to use instead of mplayer. does anyone know another
> video player for text mode?

I don't think there is a better solution than mplayer for playing
videos. ;-)

Today we had our devel-meeting (I'll post some more information on
it in the next days). All of us would like to see mplayer integrated
in grml.

But we are not sure what would be the consequences if grml provides
mplayer (and w32codecs?). Is it not to be compliant to DSFG (Debian
Free Software Guidelines) so it can't be considered as a CDD (Custom
Debian Distribution) or are there any (other/more) legal issues we
should think of?

JFI:

(-: Mika