[Grml-devel] First Release Candidate of Grml version 2020.06 available

Elimar Riesebieter riesebie at lxtec.de
Fri Jun 12 18:13:22 CEST 2020

Hi Mika,

* Michael Prokop <mika at grml.org> [2020-06-06 18:24 +0200]:

> Hi,
>
> long time no see, but here we are! The first release candidate of the
> upcoming Grml version 2020.06, code-named 'Ausgehfuahangl' is available.
>
> This Grml release provides fresh software packages from Debian
> testing (AKA bullseye). As usual it also incorporates current hardware
> support and fixes known bugs from the previous Grml release.
>
> For detailed information about the changes between 2018.12 and
> 2020.06-rc1 have a look at the official release announcement:
>
>   https://grml.org/changelogs/README-grml-2020.06-rc1/

Many thanks for the efforts of the grml-team b^.^d.

> You can download Grml 2020.06-rc1 from:
>
>   https://grml.org/download/prerelease/
>
> Please test the ISOs and everything you usually use and rely on, and
> report back so we can complete the stable release soon. If no major
> problems come up, the next iteration will be the stable release,
> which is scheduled for the end of June (2020 *cough* :)).

grml-2020.06-rc1 doesn't boot as grml-rescueboot when /boot resides
on a kernel md device. md devices are not detected automagic,
though. As noted long time ago grml64-full_2017.05.iso worked just
fine.

Elimar
--
  Never make anything simple and efficient when a way
  can be found to make it complex and wonderful ;-)