[Grml-devel] [Tails-dev] Shared screen locking solution for live distributions in Debian

sajolida sajolida at pimienta.org
Sat Jan 3 15:29:22 CET 2015

Axel Beckert:
>>   - Do not provide any screen locking mechanism (Knoppix, Grml,
>>     Jondo Live).
>
> At least for grml, that's wrong. grml-full ships vlock which can lock
> all consoles (and switching back to X) at once with the option "-a".

Right. I tried both grml-lock as advertised by Evgeni and vlock as
advertised by you.

Actually, grml-lock provides a similar user experience as the one that
we imagined for Tails: if you didn't set a password it asks for one
before locking the screen.

On the other hand as Julien pointed out, the --new option of vlock is
broken right now and as a consequence grml-lock doesn't work. Both in a
console and in X it errors with "vlock: loading plugin 'new' failed: No
such file or directory". Shall I report a Grml bug about that?

--
sajolida