[Grml-devel] [Grml] Testing current daily ISOs to go towards new release

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Thu May 10 17:10:41 CEST 2012

* Urs Blaser [Thu May 10, 2012 at 04:29:37PM +0200]:

> > Those tools don't touch the scope of Grml close enough, 25MB
> > is also quite large overall, so I'm afraid they won't reach the Grml
> > release, sorry.

> I don't know about the size requirements. Withoug guymager, it would
> be 225kB, maybe a more acceptable size. Of course something like
> aimage would be needed for the non-ewf part of the world, but sadly
> this went out of debian some time ago. Maybe I should learn to package
> stuff some day and help out on the upstream front...

Ok, I'll discuss the situation for xmount and ewf-tools within the
team again. NACK for guymager though.

> As there's a forensic boot option and stuff like afflib-tools
> provided, I don't understand the "don't touch the scope of Grml" part
> too well.

The forensic boot option is a feature which was contributed back
by the commercial Grml-Forensic flavour.

> But of course that's my personal view and the reason I
> started to use in the first place.

Grml focuses on sysadmin needs, we used to include a bunch of tools
that where actually outside of our scope but we had to re-focus the
project to get our available manpower at the right place.