[Grml-devel] Proposed constitution changes [votes required]

Gerfried Fuchs rhonda at deb.at
Tue Nov 15 13:54:09 CET 2011

* Ulrich Dangel <mru at grml.org> [2011-11-14 16:37:32 CET]:
> * Gerfried Fuchs wrote [14.11.11 15:55]:
> > > mru/discussion
> > > Add a requirement to announce role changes before they happen.
> > > http://git.grml.org/?p=grml-constitution.git;a=commitdiff;h=ae3eec2982041d65da4a49eddd6fb983ee656a70
> > >
> > > Vote for mru/discussion: [ ] Accept [X] Don't Accept
> >
> >  This might be interpreted that someone who want to step down from a
> > role also needs the vote to be allowed to do so.
>
> How so? The text says:
> ,----
> | Any role change MUST be announced at least 48 hours before on the grml
> | developer mailinglist
> `----
>
> I don't see any need for a vote or anything. This is just to make sure
> that changes are announced before they are executed like for example
> adding a team member to an existing team.

 I'm uncertain if you left the second part of the change out
intentionally or not, it though looks fishy. Here is the complete text:

,----
| Any role change MUST be announced at least 48 hours before on the grml
| developer mailinglist. An introduction to vote about the change is
| sufficient.
`----

 Yes, your reading makes a lot of sense too. But having the vote
mentioned next to a MUST requirement led me to the impression that the
vote is a must, too. Your reading though makes sense, probably more than
mine. :)

 Thanks,
Rhonda