[Grml-devel] Grml.org patch bomb

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Thu Jul 28 14:26:41 CEST 2011

On 07/28/2011 09:01 AM, Michael Prokop wrote:
> * intrigeri [Thu Jul 28, 2011 at 11:43:13AM +0200]:
>> I'm doubtful about adding support for (if I understand clearly)
>> GRML-specific local-* scripts that are not shipped in live-boot.
>
> They aren't Grml specific local scripts, they are shipped by the
> original lvm2 and mdadm Debian packages.

I see these packages are not alone in providing local-top scripts. I
gather that to support other local filesystem types provided by
additional packages in the archive, each one of these would in turn need
to be reviewed and have corresponding patches applied for live-boot to
support them (excluding cryptsetup which is already handled, and
allowing that some of these may not make sense to support):

$ apt-file search local-top
cryptsetup: /usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts/local-top/cryptopensc
cryptsetup: /usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts/local-top/cryptroot
dmraid: /usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts/local-top/dmraid
loop-aes-utils: /usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts/local-top/loopaes
lvm2: /usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts/local-top/lvm2
mdadm: /usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts/local-top/mdadm
multipath-tools-boot: /usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts/local-top/multipath
nbd-client: /usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts/local-top/nbd
open-iscsi: /usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts/local-top/iscsi

Not that I'm suggesting we immediately deal with any of these. I ask
mostly for my own information trying to understand the code, and to be
thorough. :)

Ben