[Grml-devel] Grml 2011.12 - Knecht Rootrecht released

Ulrich Dangel mru at grml.org
Fri Dec 23 17:37:13 CET 2011

Just in time for the holidays we released today, Dec. 23th, Grml 2011.12
- Knecht Rootrecht. The codename is a play on the term 'Knecht Ruprecht'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knecht_ruprecht#Knecht_Ruprecht -
http://xkcd.com/838/

For the changes between 2011.12-rc1 and the final release please have a
look at out blog -
http://blog.grml.org/archives/368-Grml-new-stable-release-2011.12-available.html

For detailed information about the changes between 2011.05 and
2011.12 have a look at the official release announcement:
http://bit.ly/sgpIz5

This release brings a downsizing and cleanup: one flavour, two
architectures three options. The new, smaller flavour has a 350MB ISO size target,
while still delivering over 1.1GB of open source software relevant for
system administrators

As a special treat we created grml96, an ISO image
containg both grml32 and grml64. This ISO image will also boot on UEFI
systems and lets you fix basically all PCs :)

Download Grml 2011.12 directly from http://bit.ly/rKYb4K  !

Please get in touch with us and share your opinion about Grml and spread
the word.

Thanks for testing the RC1, happy holidays and enjoy the new Grml
2011.12.

Ulrich