[Grml-devel] Working with git and sending in patches

Tong Sun suntong at cpan.org
Thu Jul 29 00:06:16 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 6:59 PM, Tong Sun <suntong at cpan.org> wrote:

> Here's one more question for me to put all jigsaw puzzle together -- having
> done above, if I start to work some logically unrelated patches, what steps
> should I take? (I don't want 'git rebase' to pick up patches that I've
> already sent in).

Hi,

This is in fact the second time that I asked the same question. Not
getting the answer to the it has prevented me from working further on
any grml projects. Good news is that I've got the answer now (since I
want to patch again).

Now, is it possible to add in our http://grml.org/git/ doc a section
for  "leaf" contributors, a work flow cook book for them to easily
follow? FYI, most the work flow doc can be found in
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/151948
and the OP of the thread.

thanks