[Grml-devel] [issue] grml-live: grml-live.local ignored

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Wed Jul 21 12:10:00 CEST 2010

Hi,

Tong, for the future: please don't report to the mailinglist and the
BTS at the same time. If you want to discuss anything the
mailinglist is fine, bugreports are fine for the BTS. But I don't
want to keep track on an issue on two separate ressources, thanks.

* Tong Sun wrote in grml's BTS on 20100721 / 01:36:

> I found that the file /etc/grml/grml-live.local is ignored by grml-live

> $ head /etc/grml/grml-live.local
> # Set UTC=yes if your system clock is set to UTC (GMT) and UTC=no if not.
> UTC=yes
> TIMEZONE=America/Toronto

Who says that UTC/TIMEZONE are supported within grml-live.conf?
Looks like you're searching for
/etc/grml/fai/config/class/GRMLBASE.var & related.

> % grml-live -F -a $ARCH -c $CLASSES -o /dev/shm/gl -g $USE_NAME -v "`date
> -I`" -i $USE_NAME.iso
[...]

> From above log, and where my .iso is generated, I think the file
> /etc/grml/grml-live.local has no effect to grml-live.

Please re-execute without the -F option and provide the output of
grml-live's startup splash.

And JFTR: /etc/grml/grml-live.local is definitely supported ans
works, I'm using it all the day and for the daily buildd as well.